Home   About   Contact

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Vegan Pumpkin Pie-In-A-Ramekin Recipe

Pumpkin pie is my favorite Autumn dessert, hands down. Pumpkin pie flavored cake that can be baked in as little as 1 minute with very little effort on my part and made as a single serving? That sounds like the pumpkin pie of my dreams and amazingly enough, today my dreams came true. Below is a recipe for a 1 minute vegan pumpkin pie flavored cake-in-ramekin, or also commonly known as cake-in-a-mug (because I totally came up with pie-in-a-ramekin just now typing it but someone else has probably already copyrighted it so, in that case, I totally did not come up with it). I took a few ideas from a few different recipes to make a vegan friendly version of the Pinterest popular Autumn dessert.


Vegan Pumpkin Pie-In-A-Ramekin

What You'll Need:
Cake:
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tsp vegan cane sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg*
1/4 tsp ginger*
1 tsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp oil
1/2 tbsp water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

*you can substitute both the ginger and the nutmeg by using a 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. I'm allergic to cinnamon so I made this recipe cinnamon free but if you want the cinnamon, feel free to add it!

Toppings:
Vegan chocolate chips
Vegan whipped cream
Vegan graham crackers

What You'll Need To Do:
Combine and mix together all the dry ingredients straight into your ramekin or mug
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
Mix everything together until lump-free
Microwave cake for 1 minute and 15 seconds**
Add the chocolate chips to the top while still hot
Top with the whipped cream and crushed graham crackers

**microwaves are tricky little things. Depending on the intensity of your microwave, you can either add or take away a few seconds.







And that's it! A super fast, super easy Autumn staple.

xo, Sarah Holt

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment