Home   About   Contact

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Top 5 Decaffeinated Teas


Tea is a big part of my life. Whether I feel sad, happy, anxious, cozy, or any other human emotion, tea is ALWAYS the perfect option/remedy. It doesn't even matter the season. I drink tea in the summer time, hence this post being posted in late summer. I can't even express how excited I am for Autumn because tea in the Fall is EVERYTHING.
Since tea plays such a pivotal rule in my life, I thought "why not write a blog post about it?" because a whole post about tea wouldn't be boring, right? Either way, I wrote out a whole lot of paragraphs regarding tea so I hope it's interesting!

All of the teas I mentioned below are decaffeinated. I have this problem with caffeine when I consume even a small amount, my face gets really tingly and I get really anxious.
A few years ago, before I cut out caffeine, I had a particularity anxious day in NYC, without consuming caffeine. I then got my period which tends to make me a bit more anxious. I then drank 3 large caffeinated iced teas within a few hours of each other. A few hours later, I went to see Jimmy Fallon when he was still on Late Night and long story short, my face, legs, and chest where tingling so much, I thought I was having a stroke due to the mixed emotions, hormones, and most importantly, caffeine. I haven't consumed caffeine since that life changing experience with Jimmy Fallon. So thank you Jimmy.

Anyway, let's get back to the teas! Before we get into the list, I'd like to note that I don't add any type of sweetener or cream to my teas. I boil water, steep the tea, then drink. That's all. I'd also like to note that I didn't include black tea or green tea in my list because those are staples and obvious favorites. So aside from those two, here's my top 5!


5. Heart Tea
This is a Hawthorne Hibiscus herbal tea buy the brand Traditional Medicinals that is supposedly good for your heart. I'm all for herbal remedies to improve myself. Even if I don't see any improvements, I feel like I'm doing good for my body. And it tastes unlike any other flavor I've ever tasted, which is actually pretty good. Surprisingly, I don't go around eating hibiscus plants.


4. Bedtime Tea
Bedtime teas usually don't make me sleepy but I like the idea of it. I like cozying up in bed with an herbal tea in hand while reading a book, getting ready for a deep slumber. Although that rarely ever happens, I like the feel of it, ya know? Same goes for bedtime yoga; it never makes me tired but I do it all the time because I like the idea of doing bedtime yoga. My local grocery store has there own bedtime tea which has blueberry in it and I'm obsessed with it. Celestial Seasonings also has a really good "sleepytime" tea.


3. Kombucha Tea
Kombucha tea is filled with great antioxidants which is somewhat hard to consume in a vegan diet since most antioxidants are found in dairy cultures like yogurt. I LOVE this specific kombucha by Yogi. It's pretty great.


2. Irish Breakfast Tea
I'm not sure if this is an actual thing in Ireland, but Twinings makes it and I love it and I'm glad it exists. If any of you know whether or not Irish Breakfast Tea is a real, authentic Irish tea, please let me know in the comments. I'd really like to know.

1. English Breakfast Tea
English Breakfast tea is always a good idea. I LOVE trying different brands of English Breakfast tea, but right now I've been loving Twinings. I drink this tea at all hours of the day, contrary to the name. This tea feels like a treat and I love it.


And there you have it, a whole post dedicated to my love for teas. Comment below if we share a love for the same tea! Or if you love any other teas I didn't mention. I just want to continue talking about tea.

xo, Sarah Holt

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment