Home   About   Contact

Monday, July 13, 2015

Anxiety

I haven't been posting a lot lately and I would LOVE to blame it on my laziness, like I always have in the past, but that's not entirely the case this time. I've had anxiety for as long as I could remember, and recently it's been the worst it's ever been. If you've been a reading my blog for a while, then you'd know that I've never shied away from talking about my anxiety because I feel as though talking about it, especially on a larger scale, can help not only myself, but others who feel the same. I haven't mentioned my recent anxiety lately because I've never had to deal with unexplainable daily anxiety. I don't like writing about things I'm unsure about, and this recent anxiety is exactly that.
I first started this blog almost two years ago wanting to write about my troubles with anxiety in hopes of someday curing myself while helping others cure their anxieties. Throughout the past few weeks, I realized anxiety is a lot trickier than that. I don't have any tips on how to cure it and I can't remember the last day I went without having some sort of anxiety, which is really scary. I really wish I could give you guys some sort of home remedy to rid yourself of anxiety based off of my personal experience, but I can't because nothing has ever worked for me. Deep breathing sometimes helps, but that's about it.
All I can really say with complete certainty is that I have good days and I have bad days. In order to get through the bad days, I try to tell myself that the good, anxiety-free days are right around the corner. Yesterday was a really bad day, but today was 100% better.
I'm not entirely sure if I'll even post this because I'm not used to being so honest about something I really only ever deal with in my head. Even before when I'd talk about anxiety, I would kind of make a joke of it because I was somewhat, oddly, comfortable with my worrisome thoughts.
If this post could maybe help someone reading this, then I guess it's worth stepping outside of my comfort zone. If you're like me, then you like knowing that you're not the only one going through something tough. Just take it one day at a time.

With all that said, hopefully I'll have more posts up in the near future.

xo, Sarah Holt

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment