Home   About   Contact

Saturday, June 27, 2015

A New Era & Blog Ideas

I recently purchased a new, proper dslr camera and I am SO ready to step up my blogging game. I've been wanting better quality photos to accompany my poorly written words for quite some time now, but there's only so much you can do with an iPhone camera (yes, all my previous photos have been taken on my iPhone 5s, in case you were wondering). I really can't put into words how excited I am for this new era... fellow bloggers, you understand my excitement, right?!

Taken on my iPhone 5s
Taken on my Nikon D5100
I really wanted to write this post asking you what type of content you'd like to see on this blog. I have a few posts lined up which fall under the skincare faves/routines/top 5 type posts, which isn't unusual for my typical blog posts. I would like to know if there are any other type of posts you would like to read? I am very interested and any input would be greatly appreciated. That sounded like a automated voice message, haha! "Please leave a message after the tone." Or a comment. Yeah, a comment would be nice. Maybe leave any questions you may have and maybe I could answer that in a post?! Imagine I don't get any comments on this post. I'm starting to sweat. Please leave a comment.
Anyway, after getting my new camera, I've been bobbling around the idea of maybe making videos? If you know me, you'd know that is a crazy concept. There are just some posts I'd like to write that just can't be written. It would be so much easier to just talk about a certain topic as opposed to writing about it. Know what I mean?
Before this post gets too long with rambled paragraphs of jumbled thoughts, I want to shamelessly promote my other social media sites. I've been quite active on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram lately so feel free to follow me on any of those if you'd like. Let me know you found me from my blog, and I'll be sure to follow you back. :-)

Follow me on:
That's all for today, folks. I hope you all have a wonderful day! :-)

xo, Sarah Holt


Previous Post:


8 comments:

  1. What camera is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to take my blog's photos with my iphone 5s too and at the moment i'm ok with the quality!Although in the future i'm looking forward to upgrade ! About blog ideas...i don't have any too this period 😓

    xoxo Afrodite ~ BubblyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed with the quality of my iphone pictures! It's just nice to feel a little more professional, you know?

      Delete
  3. congrats on your dslr purchase! i use a canon and love it. i love having control over all of the settings. definitely a learning experience but so worth it : )
    xx

    candlesandphotographs.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm 100% still learning how to use it but I find it all so interesting!

      Delete
  4. I am in the process of buying a new camera, too. So exciting! Maybe you could share some of the things you learned about photography?

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it is very exciting and that's such a good idea! I really don't know why I haven't thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion :-)

      Delete