Home   About   Contact

Friday, January 23, 2015

Winter Skin Care Routine


Taking care of my skin, during the winter months especially, is something I make sure I always take the time to do. I could be half asleep, it doesn't matter, I still have to wash my face before I go off to bed.

I made a little list of the skin care routine I like to follow during the winter months. Even if I find new products that suit my skin better than what's on this list, the scheme of this routine typically stays the same. Also, all the products mentioned are 100% vegan and cruelty free!! Now to the list!

Morning:
I recently purchased Pacifica's Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes. I found this brand at Target and I am in love with everything Pacifica has to offer. They're a vegan and cruelty free brand so I'm glad I was able to find it in an actual store as opposed to online. These wipes can be used as makeup wipes, but I prefer to use them as a morning cleanser. In addition to all that, the coconut scent is gorgeous.



Before applying makeup:
I moisturize my entire face with my favorite moisturizer for acne prone skin by Just the Goods. I wrote about this product in a post HERE. I don't necessarily have acne prone skin, but I found this moisturizer to be great at keeping the occasional zit away. I then apply my make up as usual.


Before bed:
This is definitely the most important and hard core part of my skin care routine. I usually shower before bed, so while in the the shower, I wash my face. I haven't found an amazing face wash that I absolutely love yet, but I'm looking. If any of you have any great vegan and cruelty free recommendations, let me know in the comments! I then proceed to wash the rest of my body. The current body wash that I'm using is the Blood Orange Shower Gel by 100% Pure. I also wrote about this product in a post HERE. The blood orange scent is one of my favorite scents.
After my shower, I dry off (obviously), then apply my King of Skin body butter by Lush, only to the dry areas that desperately need some moisture. This body butter is by far my favorite ever. It seeps into my skin without leaving an oily residue. It leaves my skin feeling silky and I love that. It's also very, very good at hydrating the dry patches that I usually get during the winter months.
I then apply my favorite facial moisturizer by Just the Goods one last time.
If I have any spots on my face, this is when I apply my Spot Check Blemish Stick by The Fanciful Fox. This product is incredible. It seriously erases my blemishes within, max., two days. I absolutely love it!



Then I'm off to bed and start the whole routine over in the morning.

In addition to all that, something that helps my skin 100% of the time, that isn't necessarily a part of the routine, is drinking plenty of water. Very, very important when is comes to skin hydration.

And that's my winter skin care routine. What's your favorite winter skin care product? Have you tried any of these vegan products?

xo, Sarah Holt

PS All the products mentioned are 100% Vegan and Cruelty Free.
Also, this is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on:

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about people's skin care routine, as i'm always looking out for skin care products x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give some vegan skin care products a try!
      xo, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah would you be interested in doing a product review on freshnleans vegan meal delivery service?

    ReplyDelete