Home   About   Contact

Monday, May 5, 2014

Vegan Raspberry Frozen Yogurt | Recipe


Before converting to a vegan diet, I was never really a big fan of "fro-yo". I actually I hated it. For some reason, now that I can't have frozen yogurt, I desperately crave it. I recently came across dairy-free yogurt in the organic/vegan section of my local grocery store and decided to give it a freeze in an attempt to make my own vegan fro-yo, and I must say, it wasn't half bad. It was actually really, really good. It may be my new favorite snack. I loved it so much, I wanted to share the recipe with my lovely internet friends.

What You'll Need:
Vegan Vanilla Yogurt
Raspberries


What You'll Need To Do:
Chop up the raspberries by hand or in a blender
(I used my NutriBullet)
Chunky to smooth ratio is up to you, I prefer mine on the chunkier side
Add the yogurt to the berry mixture and blend
At this point, the yogurt and raspberry mixture is edible and absolutely amazing. You can stop here and have an incredible fruit and vegan yogurt blend, but it tastes even tastier frozen
Freeze the blended yogurt and berries for a minimum of 3-5 hours
Annnnnnnd you're done!


This is the perfect snack for spring and summer nights.
I will definitely be making this fro-yo recipe throughout the warm months. Probably even the cold months too, it's that good.

xo, Sarah Holt

9 comments:

  1. We used to freeze our yogurts when we were little. I really loved it. It has been a while since the last time but I'm definitely gonna make this in summer! It's going to be very nostalgic :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy and perfect for summer nights!!

      Delete
  2. So easy can't wait to make this :)

    http://inthecity-93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how easy it is! look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhh..this looks and sounds amazing. We love our strawberries so this is efinitely the dessert for us. we're going to have to try it ot and let you know how it goes. we might even try substituting the strawberries with some other yummy fruits!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely substitute the raspberries with any fruit... I'm thinking peaches!

      Delete
  5. It sounds amazing! For sure I will try this out! :D

    http://allaboutjoann.blogspot.com/2014/05/spring-goodies.html

    -JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Froyo despite it being yummy can be a little expensive so I'll love to try this out :) Home made froyo yummmm

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete