Home   About   Contact

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Skeptic's Guide to Being Single on Valentine's Day


It's that time of year again. Love is in the air and all the lonely ladies crave it. It's the holiday single women everywhere dread the most. But why? I put together a list of all the reasons single independent women should celebrate Valentine's Day, even if we don't have a guy to spend it with.

Reasons To Celebrate Valentine's Day:
1. If you love yourself, celebrate.
2. If you love your pet, celebrate.
3. If you love your OTP, celebrate.
4. If you love the little old man from Up, let's celebrate that.
5. If you love anything, let's celebrate love.

Now that we have a justifiable list of reasons to celebrate, let's make a list of ways to celebrate.

Ways To Celebrate Valentine's Day:
1. Hang out with other single friends (if no single friends, act like you didn't read #1 and refer to #2)
2. There's this thing called "Netflix binge marathons" (strictly comedy/horror/action. No lovey dovey films)
3. Take a trip to your local drugstore and buy yourself chocolate. Reasoning: You love yourself.
4. Spend a night in and relax!
5. Bake yourself a cake with "I Love You" written on it. Eat it alone.
6. Have a Bingo night.
7. Act like it's just another day.
8. Mail yourself a Valentine's Card on the 12th. Receive it on Valentine's Day and feel warm.
9. Buy ALL the chocolate on sale on the 15th.
10. DO NOT YOUTUBE SURPRISE PROPOSALS!!!

Just remember, IT'S OKAY TO BE SINGLE EVERYDAY OF THE YEAR ALWAYS. Don't waste your time dwelling on the idea of love and romance. It'll come one day. Until then, celebrate the love for the things you have around you right now. Celebrate your favorite boy band member being single. That should be an international holiday everyday of the year.

xo, Sarah Holt

9 comments:

  1. hahahaha love this post, this will be me! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will probably spend the 14th binge watching a few new series on Netflix.

      Delete
  2. Haha!!! I love this reason to celebrate 'you love your pet'!!!! Brilliant way to lighten up valentines day for single pringles like me!

    www.stephellis531.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was getting tired of all the lovey dovey Valentine's Day posts!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this post! I was feeling sad because I won't be with family or my boyfriend on that day but this post has really helped! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, this is definitely one of the best and funniest posts I've ever read! Truly magnificent!
    I'm in the same boat, always single on Valentine's Day. I think I'll mail myself a Valentine's card, haha!
    Amazing! *still smiling*

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much!! I'm thrilled you thought it was funny... I wasn't sure how people would take it! Thanks so much, again!

      Delete
  5. I spent Valentine's Day with a friend, her boyfriend, his family and all her other single friends. It was a sweet idea but I wish I had come across your post first. I would have done the chocolate cake, with my cat, watching foreign films!

    ReplyDelete