Home   About   Contact

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Coconut Oil or Mystical Oil? | Review



Coconut oil, or should I say, mystical oil, is an oil that can fix everything. There is no limit to it's mysterious wonders. Have dry skin? Lather on some coconut oil then wash it off and you're good to go. Have sticky residue left from a price tag on an object? Wash with coconut oil and watch the sticky mess disappear right before your eyes. It really is a miracle oil.

Trader Joe's Coconut Oil is USDA Organic
Ingredients: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Grown in the Philippines
Packed in the USA
Coconut oil differs from other oils because it is solid at room temperature.

I made a little list of the wondrous uses for this incredible oil.

Beauty Uses:
Clears pimples
Deep conditions hair
Soothes and repairs dry skin
Lightens age spots
Reduces appearance of varicose veins and cellulite
Natural shaving cream
Stimulates hair growth
Helps grow nails when applied on cuticles
Removes eye makeup
Prevents stretch marks
Frizz tamer
Natural lip balm

Health Uses:
Natural SPF 4 sunscreen
Supports thyroid function
Helps clear psoriasis and eczema
Natural treatment for lice when mixed with apple cider vinegar
Energy booster
Helps digestion
Aid the itch from mosquito bites, chicken pox and poison ivy
Speeds weight lose when consumed daily
Improves cholesterol
Lessens arthritis

Household Uses:
Polishes furniture
Use in place of WD-40
Removes residue
Cleans and details cars

Cooking Uses:
Replacement for vegetable oil
Great oil for baking
Vegan substitute for butter
Creamer for coffee
Safe oil for deep frying
Seasons cast iron skillets
Best oil for high temperature cooking


The marvelous oil can be found in grocery stores or health food stores and is relatively inexpensive compared to most "healthy" purchases. I would recommend buying two separate jars if you do; one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom.

All in all, I give coconut oil 4/5 stars, just because my skin does not react well to any type of oil, so I can't experience it's amazingness everyone else raves about. It is my go to household magic fixing oil. Love it for that.



xo, Sarah Holt

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely love coconut oil and rave about it alllll the time on my blog - can't get enough of the stuff!
    Would love for you to check out my blog :)
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so versatile, it's hard not to talk about it all the time!

      Delete
  2. Coconut oil is amazing! I love how you listed all of the things it can be used for. Very helpful.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    p.s. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about cocoanut oil and it's benefits. Reading this post makes me want to purchase some for sure!

    www.stephellis531.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut oil is definitely worth a buy! The uses for it are endless.

      Delete
  4. Now that's an interesting post and very useful too. I didn't knew that about coconut oil. Thx for sharing. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And I'll definitely check out your blog!!

      Delete
    2. Thx honey you're so sweet. Thx for the follow, following back on GFC #12.
      xox
      Lenya

      Delete
  5. I'm using coconut oil for about 8 years now, but only for cooking. It is such a wonder oil! I made a blog post about it too, I'm definitely praising its benefits!
    Actually, I was planning on treating my hair with a coconut oil hair mask this week. I definitely should do that! :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try a hair mask. I deep conditioned my hair about a week ago with coconut oil and my hair was practically frizz-less!

      Delete
  6. I have been using it exclusively for cooking at medium heat plus various beauty tricks. I love it to moisturize my hair and work it into my skin before bed. Oh, I could go on, I recently blogged about it myself. It's a wonder product! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coconut oil!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never used coconut oil, but after seeing your lists I think this is definitely something I should invest in!

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely something worth buying!

      Delete
  9. I love this post and everything you share! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!!!!

      Delete
  10. I have just starting using coconut oil at nighttime after hearing all the good it can do to your skin! Plus, as you said, it a great affordable product!

    First time seeing your blog and I really like it xoxo

    MD. http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete