Home   About   Contact

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars or The Fault in My Tears? | Book Review


Books aren't typically "my thing". I usually never read, unless it's a fast and easy read. I like knocking out the whole book in one sitting. I bought The Fault in Our Stars back in August while I was on a spree of being uncharacteristically ambitious. I also really wanted to see what the fuss was all about. If you haven't heard of TFIOS (The Fault in Our Stars), you've definitely been living under a rock. E V E R Y O N E and their mothers have been raving about this book since it came out 2 years ago. I wanted in on the fun.


I knew this book had cancer as a major topic, which is why I was reluctant to read it. If you know me, you know I have hypochondriac tendencies (I do realize that by admitting I have hypochondriac tendencies, I do not have hypochondria. Just go with it). I knew if I read this book, I'd soon think I had the diseases mentioned in it. Realizing how silly my thoughts were, I bought the book anyway.
Although it took me 5 months to finally build up the courage and make room in my freezer (haha Friends reference anyone?), I gave it a read and I'm glad I did.
It was a very quick read and I honestly never had my heart flutter while reading any other book like it did while reading TFIOS (probably should have sought medical attention, but it was the nice type of flutter. Or bad type of palpitation. Not entirely sure). I also never cried as much while reading any other book. I applaud you for that, John Green (author of TFIOS).
I am in love with the love Augustus Waters had for Hazel. I love how the only real interpretation of Hazel's appearance John Green gave was through Augustus. I love John Green for writing this book (I apologize to you and your wife, John. I do realize how creepy I sound).

This book definitely is worth the praise Tumblr fans have given it. I give it 5/5 stars and a recommendation to anyone and everyone who can read to read it.

xo, Sarah Holt

P.s. for those of you who have read the book, my favorite page is page 153, CAN WE ALL AGREE THAT PAGE 153 IS BEAUTIFUL?



CONTACT

Have any other book/movie/beauty product/food/anything really that you'd like me to review? Leave a suggestion in the comments!

16 comments:

  1. I've heard so ,much about this book!
    I'll have to check it out!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    Majotron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautifully written. You should definitely give it a read!

      Delete
  2. It's a stunning book, I read it lately and cried like a baby!

    chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried a whole lot too... I can't wait for the movie!

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite books! Have you seen the trailer for the film? It looks amazing! xox

    www.tamsinlilyd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen the teaser trailer... but I cried watching that. It does look amazing and exactly like the book from what I've seen!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big fan of reading books. Never been. Because I never manage to find a topic that appeals to me. If I read, than it's probably for school or because I have to. I've read all Harry Potter books though *hurrah for that!* And now after reading your review here, I really want to read this book too! I don't know how you did it! But the way you write about it, I think this really is a book that I would love reading.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you! That's really sweet! It truly is an amazing book, definitely my favorite. It is sad at parts... but the good type of sad. You should definitely take the time to read it!

      Delete
  5. I love reading, and this is an amazing book. The trailer for the movie made me cry...

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally saw the trailer and I cried too! The movie looks like it'll be exactly like the book. I'm so excited!

      Delete
  6. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (9), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet, thanks so much! This made my day!!!

      Delete
  7. I dont read, I wish I could :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to fret, you can find it on Audible here: http://www.audible.com/pd/Teens/The-Fault-in-Our-Stars-Audiobook/B006T49WNW
      And the movie is coming out in June.

      Delete
  8. Amazing post, I love the detail you put on all your post...would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin? follow me and leave a comment on my blog and i shall surely be following you back

    www.withinmystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete