Home   About   Contact

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mulberries... A Super Fruit? | Review


Mulberries are a very underrated fruit. It's a shame, really, because these little beauties are an amazing super fruit. It's true. Along with their almost honey-glazed roasted raisin taste (not really honey, though. They are vegan), the white sun-dried mulberry is high in vitamin c, iron, fiber and antioxidants. And that's not even half of it's super fruit wonders.

Iron 
As a vegan, I have a hard time finding alternative sources of iron, aside from the boring vegan dietary supplement and spinach. After discovering the majestic mulberry, I have a very yummy, very healthy iron-rich alternative to the foul dietary supplement (yay!). 
Antioxidants
Antioxidants help protect your heart and your body from various diseases. Mulberries are high in antioxidants, such as most fruit, which helps keep your body healthy.
Protein
With 3 grams of protein in a 1 oz. serving, mulberries are very high in protein. Again, as a vegan, it's very hard to find alternative sources of protein aside from nuts and beans. 
Vitamin C
The mulberry is full of surprises, and vitamin c is one of them. Sure, we expect oranges and strawberries to have loads of vitamin c, but I don't think any of us ever expected the fruit in the nursery rhyme to be rich in the same vitamin.
Fiber
Fiber helps you "go", we all know that. But did you know fiber lowers your risk of heart disease and diabetes, all while managing your weight? And, you guessed it, mulberries have lots of fiber as well. We're all starting to realize why mulberries are a super fruit, right?

And one more fun fact for the road, mulberries contain a whole lot less sugar than most dried fruits. 

Now, let us all bask in the beauty of the mulberry, shall we? 

Contains Dietary Fiber, Iron and Vitamin C

NON GMO, Raw, Vegan, Kosher, USDA Organic

Suggested Uses: Smoothies & Shakes, Oatmeal & Granola, Cookies & Desserts


The mulberry makes it very easy and convenient for vegetarians and vegans to be healthy. And for that, I thank you majestic mulberry. 5/5 stars.



xo, Sarah Holt


8 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but I'm a really fussy with food so you've enlightened me with these haha xox

    www.tamsinlilyd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post ! love ur blog xD

    http://foreignfashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely! just to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Come take a look at my blog post:
    http://lipstickleathers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    Harriet // http://lipstickleathers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://www.tartanfairytales.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html
    Gemma & Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    You have a lovely blog with very interesting topics! I've always been a person who loves eating healthy food. Since November I also started to eat less meat. Recently I bought myself goji berries and chia seed. Like these mulberries, they're very good for your health. I didn't try mulberries yet, but I definitely want to! What a great review!
    I really love your blog and followed you on Bloglovin :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are too sweet! I haven't tried goji berries yet, but I've heard great things. They're at the top of my grocery list!
      xo, Sarah

      Delete