Home   About   Contact

Friday, January 31, 2014

January Favorites


The month of January has been filled with new discoveries, rekindling of old loves and obsessions I'm embarrassed to admit. Here it is. My January Favorites.


Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer
I have combination skin that tends to be more dry during the winter months. This tinted moisturizer has been amazing on my skin while it's going through it's dry patchy phase. 

Cotton scented candles
Definitely my favorite scent of all time, not just winter. Most people go for the warm scents this time of year but I just can't do it (I'm allergic to cinnamon and that seems to be the main ingredient in every spice related candle).


Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea fragrances
I never really understood what it truly felt like to "find your scent", but I found it and it is amazing and it's all thanks to Elizabeth Arden.

John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band
If you know me at all, you'd know I have a thing for the Beatles. A major thing. And recently, I purchased John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band and I can't stop listening. Love it.

5 Seconds of Summer
A total departure from Working Class Hero, nonetheless, I can't stop listening to 5 Seconds of Summer. I watch their music videos multiple times a week since their EP isn't available in the United States (is it available and I'm just not seeing it????? I need to know). I am able to listen to their songs on Pandora, which is amazing. But let me tell you. It's a handful of lookers in this band.

MS MR
Ugh, a third music favorite, I know, I know. I can't help it. Music's what keeps my mind functioning normally. I discovered MS MR this month and I absolutely adore them. Their songs get stuck in my head for days at a time, and I really don't mind. 

The Parent Trap
My all time favorite movie since the age of 5 entered it's way back into my life this Christmas the moment I opened the little gem of a DVD Christmas morning. I've watched it at least four times since I've gotten it. Not obsessed. Ps if you're as in love with this movie as me and do not own the dvd, there is a deleted scene. I know, w t f. I've gone my whole life without (spoiler) seeing Hallie dressed as Annie meet the queen. 

The Fault in Our Stars
This was a major favorite of mine this month. I think it's safe to say this book is definitely one of my favorites of all time. I wrote a whole review about it HERE. You can read why I love it so.

Peanut Butter & Co - Dark Chocolate Dreams
After becoming vegan I realized I didn't think it through properly. I couldn't go a day without chocolate b.v. (before vegan) and honestly, I forgot chocolate wasn't vegan. The first day I craved chocolate a.v. (after vegan) I went crazy because I realized I COULDN'T EAT IT. Long story short, I recently discovered this and I love it because it's vegan. The end.



xo, Sarah Holt


11 comments:

  1. I love cotton scented candles too! I totally agree, it's not a common choice for winter, but I love it all year round... it's so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! It's such a light scent, I love it!

      Delete
  2. I love the Parent Trap! one of my favourites movies, also.
    Crepes On a Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never get tired of that movie, it's just that wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I love the Beatles too! Their music is simply amazing!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're simply classic and I'm so glad you actually know who they are!!!!! I've found myself explaining to people who John, Paul, George and Ringo are more times than not. Thank you for that!

      Delete
  4. I really like the Elizabeth Arden perfume bottles. They look quite cute. I'll have to check out some of their fragrances.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the green tea fragrances (obviously) and Pretty smells, well, really pretty! Their other fragrances like Red Door and Sunflowers are classic, but a bit heavy for my liking.

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for the liebster award. Check it out on my blog:http://jessxxoxo.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice favourites <3
    You have a great blog. Maybe we can follow each other? It would be great, just let mw know :)

    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll gladly follow you. I love blogs that make an effort to write posts in two different languages.

      Delete