Home   About   Contact

Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY Nail Polish Storage Jars


I've never committed to a single storage option when it came to my nail polish. They've gone from baskets to containers to old makeup bags until they've finally found their rightful home in the cutest form of storage I've ever seen nail polish stored in. The best part about this DIY... it's so versatile! You don't have to just limit these beauties to the storage of nail polish. Keep candy in them. Or hair bows. I'm not the jar police. I like keeping my nail polish in these jars because they look really cute displayed on my shelf.



Here's how to make the jars pretty:

What You'll Need:
An empty glass jar w/ lid (may that be a spaghetti sauce, salsa or pickle jar... it does not matter!)
Spray paint (color of your choice)


What You'll Need To Do:
Peal the wrapper off your empty glass jar then give it a good rinse, including the lid.
*Having trouble getting the pesky wrapper residue off? Cover the sticky area with coconut oil and let sit for a minute. The sticky residue should be able to wipe off with a rag and warm water!*
Clean? Great!
Take the lid, spray paint and some old news paper to a well ventilated area (preferably out doors).
Spray paint the lid.
Let the lid dry.
Dry? Amazing!
Fill jar with nail polish (or anything you'd like).
Close the jar.
Bask in the beauty that is a recycled sauce jar.
Instagram it and show it off to your friends.

It's that easy.


My nail polish storage jars have their rightful home on my shelf and they look absolutely adorable.



It's super easy and it's recycled, who doesn't like helping the environment?

xo, Sarah Holt

24 comments:

  1. This is such a fab idea, love the pink lids :)

    chloesthoughtss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! This is a great post! I find your blog interesting so I've nominated you for a Liebster award. Check out the nomination here: http://trend-mae.blogspot.fr/2014/01/liebster-award-nomination-270114.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really love they way you coloured the lids! It looks so cute :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is as simple to make as it seems.

      Delete
  5. I love this idea and I think I'm going to try this DIY out!
    Thank you for the inspiration :3

    xx
    jasmineglamez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for loving it!! :-)

      Delete
  6. Cute idea!! Just bought some mini mason jars today to do some DIYs :) so many possibilities for them hey!

    Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... The possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  7. Hey! I love your blog! I've nominated you for this Liebster Blog Award. Check out the post if you like... http://nomsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    You're so creative and I loved this blog post.

    Naomi from nomsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea. These are so simple but look so cute!!!!! Lovely way of storing beautiful nail polishes!

    Hannah xx | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I even separated my nail polishes by color. You can do so much with these! Thanksssss!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will gladly give you a follow!

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great post, do you want to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a ton! It means a lot! And I'll definitely follow you!

      Delete
  12. These are so cute! ill definitely try them soon. great post.
    im your new follower in blogvin and GFC :)

    best regards,
    chao
    http://mina-in-wonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, i truly didnt know they could fit in a jar, haha.
    Thats a brilliant idea, if it wasnt for you all my nails polish would be now in a shoe box, thanks girl!
    Nice blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look so cute on your shelf! I have a couple of jars that could really do with a makeover too!

    Quantum
    The Scientist Who DIYs

    ReplyDelete