Home   About   Contact

Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my future and with my lack of desire to further my education, at least for the moment. What better way to bring in the new year than with a few resolutions (original, right)?
I put together a little handy dandy list that I'd probably take a look at frequently and push myself to move forward with the things I'd like to do with 2014. I encourage whoever's reading this to do the same and take my list as a guideline so we can all be happier and more experienced human beings, together.

2014's List of Experiences and Majestic Opportunities to Pursue:

STOP worrying.
I realize I get in this paralyzed state when I start to think about leaving my house, let alone the state/country. I need to let the cards fall as they may and take opportunities as they come instead of being cautious and taking the easy route.

Maybe get a job.
I need to pay for these experiences and majestic opportunities.

Get over your fear of airplanes.
For god's sake Sarah, you can't do anything majestic without hopping on an air plane. SUCK IT UP. (ps I wrote that in 3rd so I can look back at this and read it and maybe start to believe it)

Travel a lot.
Subcategory time. Places I'd like to visit (keep in mind I live in New Jersey): Disney World, England, Ireland, the Netherlands, Greece and any where else outside of New Jersey if I'm being completely honest. Maybe Australia (someone needs to tell me if the rumors of giant spiders are true or not then I'd definitely know if I'd like to visit Australia).

Make friends.
Stop being a loser, Sarah. (again with the 3rd person)

Be charitable.
I recently got in the act of helping out others who can't otherwise help themselves. It's probably the most rewarding and warm feeling I've ever felt. I recommend anyone and everyone who can do anything charitable to do so. It's an amazing feeling.

Live healthier.
I do have a vegan diet but I don't live the healthiest lifestyle. Since the day I found out Oreos were vegan, they've been a part of my breakfast/lunch/dinner meals. You cannot live like this Sarah. Also, start exercising on a daily basis.

Document these (entirely way too optimistic) journeys.


xo, Sarah Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment